Friday, February 24, 2012

Second Semester Senior Year!

by Sarah (Class of 2012)

Since my last post, I finished my last college applications and am waiting to hear back from all of my schools by April 1st.  The process has been stressful, but I do not know what I would have done without our college counselors, Ms. Schipps and Ms. Schultz.  We (the CSG Thespians) wrapped a fabulous run of Leader of the Pack and now are in the midst of rehearsals for our spring production, Radium Girls.


On February 4th I performed at Ohio Music Educator's Association's (OMEA) solo and ensemble.  I sang a solo and performed with CSG's small vocal ensemble the Grace Notes.  Our ensemble piece was a gorgeous arrangement of How Sweet the Moonlight Sleeps.  The harmonies of the song were complex and made it an incredible challenge to learn, but our hard work paid off!  Both small groups of Grace Notes were given Superior ratings.  We are definitely taking this song with us on our tour to the Festival of Gold in Chicago in April.  I cannot wait!

That same day I attended the CSG Swimming and Diving senior night with my fellow bloggers Madeleine and Bridget!  I loved being there to support my classmates and get into the CSG spirit.