Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Graduation

It is hard to believe that after an exciting and busy senior year, graduation is over. However, it is even harder to believe that after having been at CSG since form two, my time as a unicorn has officially come to an end. I still remember my first day of school at CSG in second grade. As a new student, I got lost on my way to music class; yet, in the weeks before graduation, I found myself giving tours to prospective families, and I have come to learn the building as though it is a second home. With the wonderful teachers and students that fill the classrooms, lunchroom, library, and theater, I will miss putting on my CSG uniform as I begin college in the fall.

The commencement ceremony is one of the most important traditions at CSG. Every year graduation is held on a Thursday at 2:00 in the afternoon. A large white tent is set up outside the mansion, red carpet lines the sidewalks, a professional lighting and sound system is installed, and hundreds of white folding chairs are delivered. After watching the ceremony the past four years, it was surreal to be walking down the red carpet in my long white dress. Every graduating senior wears a long white dress and carries a dozen red roses during the ceremony. My classmate, the student council president, delivered an articulate and heartwarming speech, and Dr.Scheckelhoff, the associate head of school, also offered her words of wisdom in her speech.

I will truly miss all of the CSG community, but I plan to come back to visit. I look forward to staying in touch with my classmates, and I can't wait to hear about all of the adventures that lie ahead for the class of 2012.

Go Unies!