Thursday, May 17, 2012

Reading Day


Kalki - Class of 2013

On Monday 14, I had my second to last reading day ever! I have to say that is was probably my most productive reading day yet.

At the end of each semester, we have final exams.  On the Monday before the exams we have this day called “Reading Day.” It is an optional school day, so you can choose to stay home, but I have always found it helpful to come in to school. Basically, you come to school and go to the classes you need help with or just extra practice. Teachers are available to answer you questions and provide helpful tips, and it is a great way to have “group study.” I love reading day because it is a great time to tie up loose ends and, afterwards, I always feel much better. This time, I spent almost half the day in the math room doing practice problems for pre-calculus. My teacher, Mrs. Potts, was so helpful and I felt so much more prepared afterwards. Also, because it isn’t technically a school day, you can go out for lunch. So my friends and I went to Piada. The food was great and it was a really nice break from studying. Now that reading day is over, I am pumped to take my exams this week; math and history are tomorrow. Wish me good luck!